Tuesday 20 October 2015

KwaZulu-Natal Fashion Council Media Launch

On the 14 of October last week I got to do something I am really passionate about ,which is engaging with  local fashion and talent. I have always championed us fashion consumers to make use of local designers ,tailors and seamstresses to attain the looks that we desire. To me the possibility of a world where we all support South African fashion, better yet imagine a world where we only wore our local designer's talent as much as we embellish ourselves with high street retail stores ?Beyond the economic turn over that this mindset would yield. Personally the win for me would be the pride that we would start attaining in consuming our own products and talent. That would eventually become embedded into a deeper consciousness of us being enough!

Enough of my rant though... The media launch was held at the quaint Benjamin Boutique Hotel ,which set a tone of splendor for the delightful morning we had gathered for. We were not only treated to yummy treats both for the tummy and the eyes (Judge me not!) .But a fashion preview show of the six designers that the KZN Fashion Council will be show casing at the upcoming South African Fashion Week. The designers that will be showcasing include


  • Mapitso Mokhele - Mapitso 
  • Vanessa Pillay      - Hombre 
  • Duke Mngadi        - Duke 
  • Siyabonga Mngadi -Freddy Designs 
  • Nicole Hoyer         -Nicole Hoyer Designs

Here are some of snaps I managed to snap from the KZN Fashion Council blog .I  must say Wednesday could have not been any better.














P.S -Do remember to keep an eye out on this blog as  I translate Vanessa Pillay's Hombre into my daily wear .It will be a Four Day Style Challenge which I am looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment