Tuesday 20 October 2015

Because the KZNFC called ...

IBANATHI FOR HOMBRE

The blogging bug has got me again, mainly because the KwaZulu-Natal Fashion Council (KZNFC) called and I answered .I have been roped in among four other local bloggers to partake in a style challenge.It really is not rocket science but rather is a simple challenge that has me taking style inspiration from local designer Vanessa Pillay, who will be showcasing at the upcoming South African Fashion Week. Her brand which is named "Hombre" tends to be hard and grungy with a lot of leather but yet plays with delicacy where it can.

After getting my brief I ran to wear this ox-blood or maroon leather jacket (You fashion people tend to change the name of this color a lot alas I refuse to keep up) .The color and texture of the jacket has worn in over the years and tends to remind me of an era of Rockers and James Dean's ,where all they wore was leather. The knee ripped skinny jeans have become a firm fixture in my closet, I blame it on my never ending romance with men with good knee's. Paired with a long lazy tee and trench to keep Durban spring winds at bay I found myself heading out into the night.

I will be doing this style challenge for this entire week ,so keep an eye out for the images of both the outfits and the media launch I attended . As it is a competition vote for me by liking this picture  on my Facebook and Instagram pages and you could stand a chance of winning tickets to the South African Fashion Week.







Visit the KZNFC Facebook page :https://m.facebook.com/kznfc1
and comment on your favourite look the best comment wins.
Also visit their Instagram @KZNFC and blog : kznfc.blogspot.com or my personal page

@Ibanathi Ngcobo - Facebook
@Ibanathingcobo - Instagram


2 comments: