Sunday 19 October 2014

Grant's Whisky x I See A Different You ....Great things that happen when we "Stand Together".




Warm cyber greetings ,I can not even excuse my absence from this here home of mine.See alot has been unfolding all under the banner of growth.But in due time I shall indulge you on the journey that this close to a year long hiatus has brought.The new look and revamp of this blog is nearing and I have to say the concept should blow you guys away.

Alas this post is not about that ,but rather to "put you guys on" some of my great discoveries that I ran into whilst keeping myself updated on the blogging front.One of my favorite blogs that I visit as often as I breathe  being " I See A Different You" which is one of the most influential creative blogs of our time,managing to melt art,photography  and fashion into striking images that capture the essence of our streets . Founded by Vuyo Mpanthsa, Innocent Mukheli and his twin brother Justice ,these creative heads have manged to make us look at ordinary people on our ordinary township streets as great living art through their lens. Them embodying the spirit of collaborative success ,they have partnered with one of my favorite blended scotch whiskey's being "Grant's" ...(splash it with some ginger ale and add sunny Durban as the backdrop equals to a very happy me). Through the  Grant's Whisky Stand Together Campaign we will see the I See A Different You trio embark on a nationwide journey finding and portraying everyday influential South Africans that have chosen to unify and collaborate their talents to reach shared success .Following their nationwide tour, the I See A Different You team will host a number of exhibitions, showcasing the exclusive images from their collaboration with Grant’s.

I don't know what it is but there is something magical when we see campaigns tap into the spirit of "Ubuntu" ,which is the principle of knowing that  "Umntu ngumntu ngabanye abantu understood in English as  “People are people through other people” " . One can only give props to Grant's for reminding our "selfie" generation of the great possibilities that "Standing Together" can bring as well as the amazing work happening in our backgrounds.Anyway before I get carried away they will be hosting an exhibition in Durban as well on the 22-23 October .It ought to be all sorts of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment